Synchronizing Gmail inbox using Emacs (rmail mode *or* other mode)

From: Umar
Subject: Synchronizing Gmail inbox using Emacs (rmail mode *or* other mode)
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 08:35:36 -0800 (PST)

I'd like to know if there is an utility to synchronize my Gmail inbox using
Emacs (I am a fan of Rmail mode).

I think it is useful when I don't have access to the Internet (e.g., working on
an airplane without WiFi access).

Alternately, is there an Emacs mode that exists within Gmail (maybe via Google
Labs) that would allow me to respond comprehensively to multiple "To" in an
email thread via the following response:

my response...

my response

Jill> ....
Jill> ....