Re: impossible to leave a shell frame with C-o

From: Perry Smith
Subject: Re: impossible to leave a shell frame with C-o
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 08:51:24 -0600

On Feb 13, 2011, at 6:34 AM, paragoge wrote:

>  I have then used the bash (M-x term) and from
> here, the keys bindings C-x o (or any others beginning with C-x) doest have
> any effect. From the shell (Mx-shell), C-x o works.

I've never used M-x term, so I tried it.  C-x o works for me.  But then I did:

`C-h f term' to get the documentation.  It pointed me to term-mode.  In
term-mode, it tells me about line and character mode and in char mode
there is term-escape-char.  So, perhaps you have term-escape-char
set to something?  In my case, it is set to nil.  I don't fully understand
the lisp code.

HTH,
Perry