Re: encoding in *compilation-buffer*

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: encoding in *compilation-buffer*
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 15:23:36 +0100

Am 17.02.2011 um 14:55 schrieb tlanglois:

javatolatex.lex:11: error: expected ‘,’ or ‘;’ before ‘void’

Here you see the "typographic" quotes I recognised, but Stefan did not overlook your second problem! ANSI Esc sequences are sent to make the output look colourful. I haven't seen this. There are two options, I can think of: set TERM to a reasonable value, maybe xterm-256color, in case it's true (or smaller no. of colours or just xterm-color), and enable inside GNU Emacs handling of these codes with:

        (ansi-color-for-comint-mode-on)

This works, starting from *some* GNU Emacs 22.x, in shells. I'm not sure whether it works in a *compilation* buffer. And I'n not sure if it works when GNU Emacs runs without windows, i.e., when it depends on what this terminal emulation can perform.

Which tool is actually emitting these codes? (I presume it's this "javatolatex".) Does its documentation tell a bit about colours?

--
Greetings

  Pete

The mathematician who pursues his studies without clear views of this matter, must often have the uncomfortable feeling that his paper and pencil surpass him in intelligence.
                                – Ernst Mach