swapping C-x and C-j reliably for ergonomic reasons

From: Le Wang
Subject: swapping C-x and C-j reliably for ergonomic reasons
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 01:57:45 +0800

Hi,

I do this from my .emacs.el:

(keyboard-translate ?\C-x ?\C-j)
(keyboard-translate ?\C-j ?\C-x)

This is part of my ongoing effort to use Emacs more ergonomically.  It works most of the time, however, ocassionally when I press C-j, `newline-and-indent' still runs.  I haven't put my finger on the exact sequences of events that cause this.

My Emace environment is heavily customized, so any number of things could be causing this.  It seems from the wiki and blogs that this swap is quite common among power users, has anyone else noticed something similar?

--
Le