Re: w3 and css

From: William F Hammond
Subject: Re: w3 and css
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 12:56:09 -0500

>> I downloaded from the git repository here
>> http://www.gnu.org/software/w3/
>
> I thought w3 was dead, so this got me all exited.
> Indeed the web site says “Emacs/W3 is dead, long live Emacs/W3”
> so I thought it had been revived, and maybe it has – but I downloaded
> the git repository and ran git log, which tells me the latest revision
> to the code was in May 2008. This does not bode well.

Just because the last revision was a while ago or even longer does not
mean the project is dead.  It may mean that the author sees no need to
revise.

For example, there's been no public update to my current project since
the summer of 2007; the type of work going on does not quickly show up
in code.

                                    -- Bill