Re: HTML and CSS in Emacs

From: Le Wang
Subject: Re: HTML and CSS in Emacs
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 19:45:45 +0800

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 11:00 PM, Alexander Stepanov <darkdrip@gmail.com> wrote:
I tried to use some html modes for Emacsand did not find any good
mode. I need autocompletion and highlighting of closing tags. Which
addons to use?

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/6793/npp1.png
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/8581/npp2.png

nxml-mode has completion for XHTML files.  Nxhtml-mode is based on nxml-mode with additional features, including mmm-mode for inlined _javascript_, php, and RoR code chunks.  I'm not aware of anything that does the dotted line from opening tag down to closing tag, but Nxhtml is able to fold code.

You likely won't get your Emacs to look as nice as this Notepad++ application, but I bet Emacs understands your HTML better.

--
Le