Re: What's your favourite *under_publicized* editing feature ofEmacs?

From: Deniz Dogan
Subject: Re: What's your favourite *under_publicized* editing feature ofEmacs?
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 19:47:13 +0100

2011/2/23 Ilya Zakharevich <nospam-abuse@ilyaz.org>:
> On 2011-02-23, Rafe Kettler <rafe.kettler@gmail.com> wrote:
>> If you don't, please use C-b, C-f, C-p, and C-n in place of the
>> arrow keys. It dramatically improves speed.
>
> But my driving speed is most of the time limited by applicable laws.
> Even if using these keys would improve speed of my car, would not I
> get more tickets?

What are you talking about?  By your logic we should all stop using
computers and go back to typewriters or pen and paper.

Most Emacs power users cringe at the thought of using the arrow keys
instead of C-f and its siblings.  I too was skeptical before I sat
down and forced myself to learn it, but in the end it is worth it.
Learning it is not really difficult or time-consuming either.