Re: Emacs for mail: VM - WL - GNUS

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: Emacs for mail: VM - WL - GNUS
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 21:11:01 +0000

Jonathan Groll wrote:

> In what ways do you think it is more "powerful" than WL?

Oh, don't hold me to that please.  I haven't looked at Wanderlust in any
great detail.

For an impartial third party review of both, I refer you to about.com:

  http://email.about.com/cs/linuxclientrevs/gr/vm.htm

  http://email.about.com/cs/linuxclientrevs/gr/wanderlust.htm

Looking at things feature by feature, it would seem that VM and
Wanderlust are comparable, and Wanderlust might even have an edge
because things like selective downloading of attachments and message
expiration ideas are yet to be implemented in VM.  The reviews are
several years old, and I know that the comments on VM's IMAP support are
not true any more.  I would expect that Wanderlust might have advanced
similarly as well.

Cheers,
Uday