Re: What's your favourite *under_publicized* editing feature ofEmacs?

From: Cthun
Subject: Re: What's your favourite *under_publicized* editing feature ofEmacs?
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 13:04:24 -0500

On 28/02/2011 4:53 AM, David Kastrup wrote:
Stefan Monnier<monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>  writes:

This is nothing to do with being an academic. What happens when, for
instance, a novel is being published? The author sends it to the
publisher, who sends back a copy with various changes, which the author
then either accepts, accepts in some modified form, or rejects. This
process is then iterated several times.
And this process does not involve a CVS repository.
With me, it nowadays usually involves a git repository.  I used CVS
previously, but that is less convenient.
You're insane.

No

What does Monnier's classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have to do with Lisp, Kastrup?

I do this for work I do quite by myself (like theses and articles).

How odd.

Makes it much easier to keep track of work you do.

What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have to do with Lisp, Kastrup? Using version control software entails a lot of complex use of command-line tools to check out, copy, and check in files, Kastrup, and that's after scaling the software's learning curve. This hardly seems likely to be "much easier" than just using a word processor like normal folk, Kastrup.