Re: Sorting Order of Completion Candidates

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Sorting Order of Completion Candidates
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2011 18:29:49 -0500

> Florian: I've proposed a patch to use the string property
> :completion-score to attach a numerical score to the completion
> candidates.

Note that there are two forms of sorting: sorting for *Completion*
display, and sorting for cycling.  Currently, these are not sorted
identically (cycling sorts by string length, whereas *Completions*
sorts alphabetically).  I don't think "alphabetical" is useful for
cycling and neither do I think that "shorter first" is useful for
cycling, so I think it's important to keep them separate.

        Stefan