Re: Indenting paragraphs manually

From: Le Wang
Subject: Re: Indenting paragraphs manually
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 16:37:51 +0800

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 11:08 AM, PJ Weisberg <pj@irregularexpressions.net> wrote:
> If the bug didn't exist, the region would still be deactivated as a part of
> the command loop because you've modified the buffer.

That's the part that seemed like a bug to me: the region getting
deactivated as part of the command loop.  The text *did* move when I
tried it, but in other editors it would be possible to move it by more
than one tab-stop by pressing TAB multiple times.

Ok, this appears to be a regression in CVS Emacs.  Emacs 23.2.1 does indent the region properly, as you say.

Region deactivation is the default behaviour in Emacs for all functions I can think of.  It would be surprising if it did something else.  You can reactivate the region with C-xC-x.

--
Le