Re: Indenting paragraphs manually

From: Dani Moncayo
Subject: Re: Indenting paragraphs manually
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 12:47:02 +0100

Hi Andrea,

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 21:26, Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> wrote:
> So you're misunderstanding the use of TAB in this case.
> TAB indents, but "smartly", so it actually never really inserts a tab
> (apart maybe some modes where this is the good thing to do)

Based on the manual section I quoted before, What is exactly my
misunderstanding? I think it says that selecting multiple lines *in a
text mode buffer* and hitting <TAB> should produce an indentation of
every line. Isn't that right?

> What you want to do can be done with rectangle mode, so
> - select the region you want
> - C-x r t RET TAB
> and you're done

Yes, I know that way of indenting several lines, but IMO it's too
laborious. I'd like to have a more agile way.

--
Dani Moncayo