Re: dragging to resize windows

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: dragging to resize windows
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 20:50:16 +0100

Am 11.03.2011 um 10:15 schrieb Peter Dyballa:

In my experience it can take a long time (many seconds) until GNU Emacs understands that I want to drag the mode-line. Sometimes it's necessary to try this manoeuvre a few times until it finally succeeds.

The effect is that the cursor shape is right for dragging, so I drag the mode-line, but only the cursor moves. Seconds later the mode-line follows. Often the reaction is even slower, so I try again to grab the mode-line and drag it. After a few tries mode-line finally decides to move a bit. The distance of moving does not seem to strongly correlate with any distance of cursor movement... (but this can as well be a problem of my memory and capability of observation)

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

War springs from unseen and generally insignificant causes.
                                – Anonymous