Ido only shows one file in directory

From: MarkS.
Subject: Ido only shows one file in directory
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 11:32:47 -0800 (PST)

I'm sure this is something obvious, but the documentation doesn't
mention it.

I'm trying to see a listing of files in a directory using IDO where
there are several .org and .txt files. But IDO only shows me ONE of
the files. I have to switch off IDO and view it with dired to see
what's really there.

It must have something to do with history, but I can't imagine what.
I've deleted the ido files in my home directory and restarted EMACS.
Still no joy. In other directories, I can see all the files with IDO,
so I don't know what's so special about this one.

What do I have to do to get IDO to show everything?

Thanks!
Mark

GNU Emacs 23.2.1 on Win XP