Word wrap and horizontal scrolling

From: Alexander Stepanov
Subject: Word wrap and horizontal scrolling
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 08:53:37 -0700 (PDT)

I am still trying to make emacs work as usual Windows text editor such
as Notepad++ and MS Visual Studio. I can turn off word wrap in Notepad+
+ and it will show horizontal scrollbar. To do such in emacs i must
input M-x toggle-truncate-lines and scroll to the left and to the
right using C-PgDn and C-PgUp. But this method scrolls code with too
big offset. For example my current task at work is to make some
changes in such code:
if(...){
        if(...){
                if(...){
                }
                else{
                        if(...){
                                if(...){
                                        if(...){
                                                else{
                                                        if(...){
                                                        }
                                                        else{
I can edit this code in Notepad++. But Emacs wrap lines. When i turn
of line wrapping C-PgDn moves me to the last if and C-PgUp moves me to
the first if. If I want to edit center part of code I move using left
and write arrows at the keyboard. This Emacs behaviour is shameful. Is
there some way to emulate horizontal scrollbar?