Re: gnus fail windows 24

From: William Stevenson
Subject: Re: gnus fail windows 24
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 23:10:53 +0000

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <lmi@gnus.org> writes:

> If you use openssl manually, are you able to connect successfully?
Yup.

I've fixed this by just monkeying around here, changed 'tls-program' to
"c:/cygwin/bin/openssl.exe s_client -connect %h:%p -no_ssl2 -ign_eof"

Best guess is it seems I have 2 versions of openssl, cygwin and
GnuWin32, and the line endings from the GnuWin32 version were clashing
with however I've configured my .emacs (and promptly forgotten). This is
more intuition than anything - for example I now see no ^M chars in the
"*nnimap ... gmail ..." buffer but in every line in the "*imap log*".

Thanks for the help, if there's anything else I can report I'd be glad
to.