Re: el-get question

From: henry atting
Subject: Re: el-get question
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 17:38:11 +0100

Am 16.03.2011 15:19, schrieb Ted Zlatanov:
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 10:58:12 +0100 henry atting <nsmp_02@online.de> wrote:
>
> ha> I try to make el-get work with emacs but did not succeed so
> ha> far. I never used a `package manager` for emacs - and if the
> ha> oh so simple el-get will not reveal its hidden simplicity I
> ha> most probably never will.
>
> ha> I started with orgmode from git which was pulled correctly
> ha> as far as I can see but was never loaded after restarting emacs.
> ha> Emacs sticks to the builtin version. As far as I understand
> ha> it el-get should load the orgmode version under its control
> ha> automatically...
>
> ha> It would really appreciate it if anybody can provide me with an
> ha> example which causes el-get to pull orgmode from git for example
> ha> to ~/emacs_plus and load it automatically afterwards.
>
> You may want to post to the el-get development mailing list (also
> available on nntp+news.gmane.org:gmane.emacs.el-get.devel).

Thanks! With some effort I got it working now with orgmode from git; -
okay, it's not bad. Having said that I find it's too much work to do.
In my opinion a `git pull` to obtain the current orgmode version and
adding the directory to the load path is far less time consuming. So
most probably I will refrain from using el-get.

henry

--
http://literaturlatenight.de