need obsolete arg in (read-from-minibuffer ...)

From: ken
Subject: need obsolete arg in (read-from-minibuffer ...)
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 16:23:38 -0400

The below is a stripped-down version of a function I'm writing.  It
works as desired, but the docs say that 2nd arg is obsolete.  However,
I've tried a lot of permutations of the args listed and I can't get this
function to work without using that obsolete 2nd arg.

(defun mygetstr (def-val)
    (read-from-minibuffer "Enter/Edit string: " def-val nil nil nil
def-val t))

What do the elisp mavens on this list say?

--
Anything is easy if you know how to do it.