Re: Gnus with SSL on Windows 7

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Gnus with SSL on Windows 7
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 12:16:51 +0200

> From: Deniz Dogan <deniz.a.m.dogan@gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 10:57:46 +0100
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>
> I don't think there's anythng wrong with your patch as such, but my
> patch.exe seems broken:
>
> d:\repos\emacs-trunk>patch < callbacks.patch
> patching file configure.in
> Assertion failed: hunk, file ../patch-2.5.9-src/patch.c, line 354

You need to save the patch with Unix EOLs ("C-x RET c unix RET" before
invoking the Emacs command to save or apply the patch), and you need
to invoke patch.exe with the --binary switch.

Here's how I do it on Windows:

  . Mark the patch in the Emacs buffer

  . C-x RET c unix RET M-| patch -d /path/to/emacs -p0 --binary RET