Re: MacOS X: Not all Alt keys are equal?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: MacOS X: Not all Alt keys are equal?
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 16:03:46 +0100

Am 25.03.2011 um 14:56 schrieb Lars-Johan Liman:

For me to understand better: which key combination do you use to
generate a backslash inside your Emacs, given the above settings?

In the context mentioned I think pressing the right alt key would not help producing the \. It's default or STANDARD value is that of the corresponding left key.

I have set my only alt key to "(quote) none" (original value was meta) and let the cmd key be super, and also the remaining others be what they are. This gives me the opportunity to use the alt key as introductory key to switch the keyboard layout from the visible to the "alternate" layout, i.e. that, which produces \, {, }, «, », etc.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Upgraded, adj.: