Re: mode-line foreground

From: Filippo A. Salustri
Subject: Re: mode-line foreground
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 07:12:59 -0400

Maybe it relates to the difference between initial-frame-alist and default-frame-alist?
(http://www.gnu.org/s/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Initial-Parameters.html)
Cheers.
Fil

On 26 March 2011 05:43, Bogolisk <bogolisk@gmail.com> wrote:
Tim X <timx <at> nospam.dev.null> writes:

> What version of Emacs? This is important as there have been a few
> changes in mode-line faces since emacs 21.

23.2

> How are you customizing the face i.e. in your .emacs or by using
> customize?

Yes, customize-face

> If you run M-x list-faces-display and click on the sample text for the
> mode-line face, what does it show? If you click on the face name and
> customize it, does that help?

describe-face in the original frame show the customized colour. But describe-
face in any new frame show mode-line's :foreground as #101010.

> What environment are you running udner i.e. X, xterm, console, windows,

gnome+X. sled 10 or 11, I don't remember because I'm at home right now.

--
Filippo A. Salustri, Ph.D., P.Eng.
Mechanical and Industrial Engineering