Re: Windows7 and .emacs files

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Windows7 and .emacs files
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 11:32:22 -0400

> Given that, how *do* I get the newest emacs dll-or-whatever, already
> built (I sure don't want to do it for windows!).

For all I know the Emacs you got is indeed a very recent version of
Emacs.  All I pointed out is that "NTEmacs" doesn't exist any more or
rather it is the same as "Emacs" nowadays.  Many people keep using the
term NTEmacs to refer to the W32 build of Emacs, which is not a problem
except that some people then end up thinking it's something different
from Emacs itslef (e.g. that Emacs itself doesn't support W32 or not as
well as "NTEmacs").

        Stefan