Re: Using proportional (variable-width) fonts in Emacs23

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: Using proportional (variable-width) fonts in Emacs23
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 00:58:29 +0100

On 3/28/2011 7:30 PM, Tassilo Horn wrote:

I'm using Emacs 23 now and LOVE using proportional fonts! (AKA
variable width fonts.)  It FINALLY makes Emacs look beautiful, makes
text easy to read.

That's a purely subjective feeling. ;-)

Well, my subjective feeling is that I read better if the text is in proportional font, and I can write better if it is in monospace. But I make a lot of typos when I write (usually at the level of words rather than characters), and I notice those typos only if I read the text back in proportional font. Go figure.

Probably comes from all those years of reading books type set in awful proportional fonts ;-)

Cheers,
Uday