Re: Turn Tramp off

From: Perry Smith
Subject: Re: Turn Tramp off
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 20:16:13 -0500

On Apr 2, 2011, at 8:16 AM, Michael Albinus wrote:

> Perry Smith <pedzsan@gmail.com> writes:

>>> If you tell us in which way you find it to be active, that would help.
>>
>> each time I cd to a directory, it kicks in and tries to ssh to the
>> site.  If I unload it then ange-ftp does the same thing (tries to log
>> in except using ftp in this case).
>
> I don't understand your scenario. Tramp is invoked for special file
> names. How does this corelate with rlogin and cd?
>
> Could you, please, show your use case, starting with 'emacs -Q'?

You are correct.  Sorry about that.  If I do it with -Q, tramp doesn't get
involved when I do a simple rlogin followed by cd.  In fact, without -Q, I
can't even get past the rlogin without tramp getting involved.

One place it gets invoked is because I have ido-mode set.  But even if I turn
that off, it still gets loaded somehow.

How do I track down why its getting loaded?  I've grep'ed all my files in
.emacs.d and its not there.  It must be some other package I'm using which is

Thank you for your help,
Perry