Re: emulate readline

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: emulate readline
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 21:36:39 +0200

Am 06.04.2011 um 21:23 schrieb fork:

I don't want a terminal inside my emacs, I want to go search- backward-history

C-x ESC ESC invokes the function repeat-complex-command. This works outside of a terminal in GNU Emacs. It does not rewind a shell command once invoked in a *shell* buffer or something similar.

insdid my M-x (and when I open files too).

What is your "M-x"? Has it a documented name one can find and look up in the GNU Emacs documentation? (Then use it and not any slang one or two people might be using when together.) And what are your parentheses standing for?

--
Greetings

  Pete

The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts.