emacs + maximum window size / maximum frame size + default home dir

From: rkv
Subject: emacs + maximum window size / maximum frame size + default home dir
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 22:19:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all,

i would like to set the maximum window size by default in my emacs init file
.

As of now from X windows when ever i open i have to do the alt+space+X to
maximize the window.

And also i would like to put my defualt dir from the home dir to some other
path in the .init file .

As of now it is the /home/<user>/ dir where again i have to navigate or give
whole path in c-x c-f .

if any body can help it would save lot of time for me.

regards
rkv