Re: extension for image view to go to next or previous image

From: chris
Subject: Re: extension for image view to go to next or previous image
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 16:07:39 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you Drew, I tried your suggestions.

On Apr 8, 10:55 pm, "Drew Adams" <drew.ad...@oracle.com> wrote:
> Here are a couple of ways I would do it - there are no doubt other ways.
> Essentially, you just need a way to cycle among files.

Yeah in a way this is true, but what I had in mind was a bit of lisp
code that would allow me to press 'n' (or SPC) on an image and then
see the next one, 'p' would get me the previous one.

> 1. Use Icicles.  `C-x C-f', then cycle using `up'/`down'.  When a file is an
> image file the image is displayed.  To cycle among only files `foo*', type
> `foo'
> then cycle.

Hmm, I tried to use icicles, but it seems to fight with ido, which I
am using. If they can't figure it out, I am with ido.  But at the
moment, I am not sure this is the route I want to take.

> 2. Use `image-dired'. Use `right'/`left' + `RET' in the thumbnails buffer to
> cycle among images.

I also looked at image-dired, but that seems to be a different use
case.  If there was a way to make the thumbnails larger, it might be
useful in some ways, but not for my main purpose.

All the best,

Chris