RE: Kedit-like ALL command for emacs

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Kedit-like ALL command for emacs
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 10:18:14 -0700

> > I think OP wanted something where the searched buffers are
> > modified from within the occur buffer.
>
> Yes.
>
> List-matching-lines is simply an alias for occur, so it's definitely
> not what I asked for, all.el on the other hand is pretty close.

It sounds like Per's `all.el' should be about what you want.

Maybe this will also help; dunno:  You can use `icicle-occur' (bound to `C-'' by
default) on any number of buffers.  You can use it to search and replace text,
where the replacement happens on demand, on the fly.  Unlike
`query-replace(-regexp)', you can skip around and just hit a key when you want
to make a change - you are not queried about the hits.

*Completions* shows you essentially what `occur' and `all' show you, but without
any context lines.  And the hits are highlighted in the original buffer (which
shows the complete context).  Unlike `occur' and `all', the hits change
dynamically as you type text into the minibuffer.  IOW, it's like an instant,
incrementally updated `occur'/`all'.

icicle-occur:
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Icicles_-_Search_Commands%2c_Overview

Search-and-replace: