Re: Loadable extensions (Was: Query emacs to find if it was built with X

From: Perry Smith
Subject: Re: Loadable extensions (Was: Query emacs to find if it was built with X support?)
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 16:34:39 -0500

From: Perry Smith <pedzsan@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 16:15:44 -0500

Has anyone in Emacs-land (where everyone is happy and smiles) thought about loadable extensions?

Yes.  This is how the Windows port of Emacs works from day one, and
now we have the infrastructure for that available for other platforms,
see dynamic-library-alist in Emacs 24.  What remains is to use this
for platforms other than Windows.  Patches welcome.

Excellent... I need to get on the developers list to learn how to pull down the code, etc.  The version I run on AIX needs a face lift anyway :-)

pedz