Re: start-process and set-process-filter sequence

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: start-process and set-process-filter sequence
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 12:01:29 +0200

() William Xu <william.xwl@gmail.com>
() Fri, 15 Apr 2011 10:16:09 +0800

   I see, Thanks.  It looks like a bug or shortcoming, though.  I was
   expecting the sequence to be similar to this:

   ,----
   | Filter *filter = new Filter;
   | Process *proc = new Process(filter);
   | proc->start();
   `----

See also ‘make-network-process’, which operates like that.
You can see how its many (many) attributes necessitate a
keyword-args approach.  Probably ‘start-process’ was designed
when things were less complex.