Re: Restore window configuration after Ediff

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Restore window configuration after Ediff
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 12:24:04 +0200

> My goal was to save and restore that particular frame without
> affecting what would otherwise happen to other frames.  Ediff normally
> deletes its control frame, so I want it to do so while I restore the
> other frame to the way it was before Ediff was invoked.

I hope I finally understand what you mean.  The problem seems with
ediff's handling of buffer local variables, current buffers, and
selected windows.  I don't understand that at all :-(

Could you try the following?

(defun do-ediff-cleanup()
  (save-current-buffer
    (save-selected-window
      (set-window-configuration saved-configuration)))
  (remove-hook 'ediff-quit-hook 'do-ediff-cleanup))

martin