unable to connect to ms sql

From: stephenbnew
Subject: unable to connect to ms sql
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 08:29:01 -0700 (PDT)

I try connecting to a server on the LAN. Using "start SQLi session" it asks
me
for user, passwd, server, db and then reports the error.

I am setup to connect using Windows authentication, so I hit enter on user
and passwd. it won't work even I provide them. I suspect the problem is
providing the server name. there is a domain, so in sql query analyzer the
connection looks like

servername(domain\user)

Please, advise how to enter the server name. I have also setup an ODBC data
source for that server. Is there a way to use that?

Thanks everybody.