Different text/properties in active vs inactive mode line

From: sdn . gnuem
Subject: Different text/properties in active vs inactive mode line
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 17:01:16 -0400 (EDT)

Hello all,

    I've been searching, but haven't found an answer yet.  Is it possible to
add something to the mode line format that changes its appearance depending on
whether the window is active or not?

    I have some colorized (propertized) status elements on my mode line.  They
look fine when shown on the active mode line, against the 'mode-line' face.
But they look garish when shown on the inactive mode line, against the
'mode-line-inactive' face.

    I've been delving into the emacs lisp code to figure out how the mode line
decides to display in mode-line or mode-line-inactive face, but so far I've
come up empty.  Any help?

Thanks in advance,

-- Sue D. Nymme

This message was sent from a MailNull anti-spam account.  You can get
your free account and take control over your email by visiting the
following URL.

   http://mailnull.com/