Re: Increase text size of echo area / mode line?

From: Johnny
Subject: Re: Increase text size of echo area / mode line?
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 13:01:58 +0100

> Am 05.04.2011 um 21:10 schrieb Johnny:
>
>> Ideally, if there is a clever way to automatically increase the
>> default
>> text size in the echo area and buffer when changing input mode (to
>> chinese-tonpy)?
>
> Besides mode-line and mode-line-inactive you can also customise
> minibuffer-prompt. Presumingly minibuffer-frame-alist can have the
> biggest effect.

I finally got around to fiddle with this again, unfortunately no
(greater) luck. The mode-line customisation do not affect the input
suggestion.

What I do is C-\ and type e.g. 'hao' and the completion are
tiny. The closest I got was to customise the default face by
M-x customize-face RET default
and setting the height to a larger value. This increaseas /all/ the font
sizes though. Probably there is a way to increase only the chinese font
sizes, but I have not found a way to do this yet. Any suggestions welcome!
--
Johnny