Re: cedet load error

From: flebber
Subject: Re: cedet load error
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 20:01:33 -0000

On Apr 30, 8:30 am, Marco Parrone <ma...@marcoparrone.com> wrote:
> flebber <flebber.c...@gmail.com> writes:
> > On Apr 29, 8:06 pm, flebber <flebber.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I have installed Cedet following these instructions
> >> herehttp://cedet.sourceforge.net/setup.shtml
>
> >> It seems to load okay except for 1 error,
>
> >> Error#
> >> Warning: cedet-called-interactively-p called with 0 arguments, but
> >> requires 1
>
> >> Does this relate to my .emacs file?
>
> >> This is my emacs file(custom-set-variables
> >>   ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
> >>   ;; If you edit it by hand, you could mess it up, so be careful.
> >>   ;; Your init file should contain only one such instance.
> >>   ;; If there is more than one, they won't work right.
> >>  '(appmenu-mode t)
> >>  '(cua-mode t nil (cua-base))
> >>  '(emacsw32-max-frames t)
> >>  '(emacsw32-style-frame-title t)
> >>  '(hfyview-quick-print-in-
> >> files-menu t)
> >>  '(menuacc-mode t)
> >>  '(noprint-hide-print-in-menus t)
> >>  '(noprint-hide-ps-print-in-menus t)
> >>  '(ourcomments-ido-ctrl-tab t)
> >>  '(ps-paper-type "a4")
> >>  '(rebind-keys-mode t)
> >>  '(recentf-mode t)
> >>  '(sex-mode t)
> >>  '(tabkey2-mode t)
> >>  '(w32-meta-style (quote emacs))
> >>  '(w32shell-shell (quote cmd)))
> >> (load-file "C:/Users/RenshawFamily/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/addons/
> >> cedet-1.0/common/cedet.el")
> >> (global-ede-mode 1)                      ; Enable the Project
> >> management system
> >> (semantic-load-enable-code-helpers)      ; Enable prototype help and
> >> smart completion
> >> (global-srecode-minor-mode 1)            ; Enable template insertion
> >> menu
> >> (custom-set-faces
> >>   ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom.
> >>   ;; If you edit it by hand, you could mess it up, so be careful.
> >>   ;; Your init file should contain only one such instance.
> >>   ;; If there is more than one, they won't work right.
> >>  )
>
> >> What should i be looking at in regards fixing this error.
>
> >> Sayth
>
> > I got some more info from debug init
>
> > Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "Cannot open load file"
> > "jump")
> >   require(jump)
> >   eval-buffer(#<buffer  *load*<2>> nil "c:/Users/RenshawFamily/AppData/
> > Roaming/.emacs.d/addons/eschulte-rinari-1c3460f/rinari.el" nil t)  ;
> > Reading at buffer position 2593
> >   load-with-code-conversion("c:/Users/RenshawFamily/AppData/
> > Roaming/.emacs.d/addons/eschulte-rinari-1c3460f/rinari.el" "c:/Users/
> > RenshawFamily/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/addons/eschulte-rinari-1c3460f/
> > rinari.el" nil t)
> >   require(rinari)
> >   eval-buffer(#<buffer  *load*> nil "c:/Users/RenshawFamily/AppData/
> > Roaming/.emacs" nil t)  ; Reading at buffer position 1428
> >   load-with-code-conversion("c:/Users/RenshawFamily/AppData/
> [...]

I went back to the start and reinstall everything without the emacs
starter kit. Setup my emacs manually with cedet and ecb.

When following the cedet instructions as I am on windows 7 I cannot
make cedet and instead have to bootstrap cedet to emacs to force it to
build that way. Is the require as a result of the build as it still
fails with the cedet requires error. I guess that I could install
cygwin and then use its make environemnt to build cedet but was hoping
not to have to go there as it appears barring this minor error that
cedet bootstrapped okay.

Resolved the rinari error, the github rinari downloads are missing the
jump files.
https://github.com/eschulte/rinari/commit/1c3460f3d5b0b04fe79fa395d063b82448da591b
. I found working download containing jump file on rubyforge instead.

Thanks

Sayth