Re: cedet load error

From: Marco Parrone
Subject: Re: cedet load error
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 20:01:34 -0000

flebber <flebber.crue@gmail.com> writes:

> On Apr 30, 8:30 am, Marco Parrone <ma...@marcoparrone.com> wrote:
>> flebber <flebber.c...@gmail.com> writes:
>> > On Apr 29, 8:06 pm, flebber <flebber.c...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I went back to the start and reinstall everything without the emacs
> starter kit. Setup my emacs manually with cedet and ecb.
>
> When following the cedet instructions as I am on windows 7 I cannot
> make cedet and instead have to bootstrap cedet to emacs to force it to
> build that way. Is the require as a result of the build as it still
> fails with the cedet requires error. I guess that I could install
> cygwin and then use its make environemnt to build cedet but was hoping
> not to have to go there as it appears barring this minor error that
> cedet bootstrapped okay.
>
> Resolved the rinari error, the github rinari downloads are missing the
> jump files.
> https://github.com/eschulte/rinari/commit/1c3460f3d5b0b04fe79fa395d063b82448da591b
> . I found working download containing jump file on rubyforge instead.
>
> Thanks
>
> Sayth

Are you using the `cedet-build.el' script?

I tried with a CVS version, doing the following steps worked without
reporting errors:

1) Open the `cedet-build.el' (which is at the top of the cedet
distribution directory) file with emacs.

2) Evaluate the content of the script:

   `M-x eval-buffer RET'

3) Start the build function:

   `M-x cedet-build-in-this-emacs RET'

4) I don't know if this happens always, anyway I received this message:

     EIEIO needs to be recompiled.  Use subprocess? (y or n)

   I answred yes and the compilation continued in another Emacs window.

5) The new Emacs session compiled all the files, there was a buffer name
   `*CEDET BYTECOMPILE*' showing the progress, and at the end it
   printed:
       Project: Tests
       Project: templates
     Building project contrib
       Project: Contrib
        Target autoloads...           done.
        Target init...                1 compiled, 0 up to date.
        Target setup...               1 compiled, 0 up to date.
        Target wy...                  done.
        Target lisp...                7 compiled, 0 up to date.

     Done.

6) Finally, making emacs to load the following lines (copied from
   the `INSTALL' file) worked without reporting any error:

     (load-file "/home/marco/src/cedet/cedet/common/cedet.el")
     (global-ede-mode 1)
     (semantic-load-enable-minimum-features)
     (semantic-load-enable-code-helpers)
     (global-srecode-minor-mode 1)

   I just copied them in the *scratch* buffer and executed them by
   moving the point to the end of each line and typing `C-x e' but they
   should be copied in the ~/.emacs file.

I actually don't know CEDET so I was not capable to test if my
installation actually works, I just tried to build and load it.

Goodbye,
Marco.

--
Marco Parrone <marco@marcoparrone.com>
PGP Key fingerprint = 5E21 BED2 BF47 B3FB F17F  1DB4 D9BE B2B7 3C3A 07E2