Re: Read Only Buffers On compilation

From: Marco Parrone
Subject: Re: Read Only Buffers On compilation
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 20:01:51 -0000

flebber <flebber.crue@gmail.com> writes:

> I seem to have an odd behaviour when executing scripts in emacs. The
> scripts work fine if no input is required. But when input is required
> the compilation buffer is read-only. How can I make the buffer read-
> write so that input can be taken. So for example a very basic script
> asking for input such as below would work in emacs.
>
> puts "What Directory do you want"
> STDOUT.flush
> file = gets.chomp
> Dir.foreach("C:/"[file])  do |entry|
>   puts entry
> end
>
> Sayth

I don't know how to do what you ask.

Usually on GNU/Linux programs are compiled by using batch files that
don't require interactive input, they are configured either by editing
some files, or by passing command line arguments, or by setting some
environment variables.

Interactive text-mode programs usually are started from within the
shell, either from inside the shell-mode buffer `M-x shell RET' or from
an external terminal.

Goodbye

--
Marco Parrone <marco@marcoparrone.com>
PGP Key fingerprint = 5E21 BED2 BF47 B3FB F17F  1DB4 D9BE B2B7 3C3A 07E2