Re: Setting local variables in a file

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Setting local variables in a file
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 12:07:34 -0300

> The following used to work (in an old version of Emacs) at the end of
> a LaTeX file:

>    %%% Local variables: %%%
>    %%% tex-command:"/export/home/reingold/calendar-book/third-edition/
> doerrata" %%%

> But now that I have switched to Emacs 23.3, those lines no longer have
> the desired effect.
> What am I doing wrong and how do I fix it?

These lines should work, and work fine in my tests.  The only thing
thing is that tex-command is not known to be safe to set in this way, so
when I open such a file, Emacs prompts me to know whether I do want to
apply this setting.  Not sure why you don't see this prompt.  Maybe you
have customized enable-local-variables?

        Stefan