RE: Invisible changes in ediff

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Invisible changes in ediff
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 13:33:27 -0700

> What do people here do?

Not sure I follow you correctly, but I use C-v and M-v to scroll both windows at
the same time.  In Ediff, these keys scroll each window an amount based on the
relative sizes of the two (current) diffs, which is handy.

Typically, I do this:

1. Narrow each buffer to the part I want to compare (unless it's the whole
buffers).

2. `ediff-buffers' (which I bind to `C-= b').

3. `n'... to check successive diffs.

4. If the current diff is too large for the windows then I use `C-v' or `M-v',
possibly repeatedly.