Re: Transferring focus to Emacs

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Transferring focus to Emacs
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 10:34:57 +0200

Am 15.06.2011 um 08:14 schrieb Joe Riel:

I know the process
number of a subprocess running in that window.  Is there
a way I can use it to find the process of the window
(and finally the window itself)?

With ps you can determine the PID of its parent process. The pstree utility outputs the whole list of processes that lead to this process...

--
Greetings

  Pete                           <]
             o        __o         |__    o       HPV, the real
    ___o    /I       -\<,         |o \  -\),-%     high speed!