Re: configuring emacs: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE: command not found

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: configuring emacs: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE: command not found
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 00:48:39 +0200

Am 20.06.2011 um 23:53 schrieb Samuel Wales:

Update (bzr pull -v) and try again!

Is it OK to use the git version?

I don't know! In my assumption the GIT repository is a bit unofficial...

Ran ./configure

Same error.

In which tool are you running git and configure? Emacs? In compilation- mode? Is PATH set correctly that the up-to-date tools are found? (In a shell 'echo $PATH ; which autoconf automake' will work, in a *compilation* buffer the same as compile command works as well.)

Of course all this last stuff is me not knowing what I am doing with
these tools, not me saying they should work.

I am also kind of a newbie with these tools. OTOH, I am pretty sure that one does not need to know how these tools work and how and why they get invoked. Usually the configure script and make/Makefile know exactly what they need to do. My assumption is that two things can be wrong: your environment (PATH value, tools, their versions) or the source. The latter gets healed automatically... Waiting one or two (more) days should help. (Otherwise you could send an eMail to the address given when you select 'Send Bug Report…' from the Help menu.)

--
Greetings

  Pete

If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure.
                                – George W. Bush