Re: shortest amount of keystrokes to see URL in an external browser

From: jidanni
Subject: Re: shortest amount of keystrokes to see URL in an external browser
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 08:01:54 +0800

PW> If you got as far as looking at the code for `find-file-at-point',
PW> perhaps it occurred to you to customize `ffap-url-fetcher' to
PW> `browse-url-firefox'?  :-)
Yes I do similar things in http://jidanni.org/comp/configuration/.emacs
I'm just wanting a way to have an external browser function be at the
most just one more keystroke than the internal browser function.

I.e., I want C-x C-f to call the internal browser function,
and      C-u C-x C-f to call the external browser function.
Or some other key
             C-? C-? to call the external browser function.
And with the massive complication of also wanting the power of FFAP,
it is not kid stuff, but also not senior stuff, or senior stiff, which
is where I'm headed...