Pipe bash file contents to shell

From: linuxfever
Subject: Pipe bash file contents to shell
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 07:33:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all,

I was wondering whether there is a way to pass contents of a bash script
file into a shell buffer in Emacs (23.2). For example, if my bash file
contains a single line "ls -al", I would like to highlight that line, and by
pressing a keybind, have the command executed and its output shown in the
shell buffer.

Is it at all possible? Thanks for any suggestions!