Bug, or newbie error?

From: weemattisnot
Subject: Bug, or newbie error?
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 10:23:27 -0700 (PDT)

I am trying to write a bit of lisp to go in my .emacs file that binds C-1 to a command to change the color of the selected text (in enriched text minor-mode). I have success running the command M-x facemenu-set-foreground where I am prompted for a color, I type red, and it changes the selected region red. But, when I try to bind this command to a key-press, it doesn't work correctly, changing the color of the text at the very end of the document (such that if I add any text at the end of the document, it will be red). Here is my .emacs lisp (defun headingone () (interactive) (facemenu-set-foreground "red") ) (global-set-key (kbd "C-1") 'headingone) Have I done something wrong here? Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you in advance. Weemattisnot