Re: emacs newbie

From: MBR
Subject: Re: emacs newbie
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 01:00:22 -0400

C.K. - Have you noticed when you type 'C-h i' that the *info* buffer it takes you to says at the top:
This (the Directory node) gives a menu of major topics.
Typing "d" returns here, "q" exits, "?" lists all INFO commands, "h"
gives a primer for first-timers, "mEmacs<Return>" visits the Emacs topic,
etc.
You can try "?" for a quick overview of keys you can type to navigate around the Emacs documentation.  But I'd strongly suggest you type "h" and work through the tutorial.  It's not very long, and knowing how to navigate through the documentation will make your life a whole lot easier.
Mark Rosenthal
mbr@arlsoft.com