Re: global-visual-line-mode Word Wrap

From: Deniz Dogan
Subject: Re: global-visual-line-mode Word Wrap
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 23:50:56 +0200

On 2011-07-15 19:47, spinner wrote:

I have (global-visual-line-mode 1) in my emacs file and it functions fine in
wrapping text that I'm writing that's more readable. But when I go back and
edit what I've written, the wrapping no longer occurs naturally. I've have
to fiddle around to get the line breaks right. The lines are longer than
expected and I then need to do so work to make its appearance consistent and
wrap as expected.

I'm wondering if there is a solution so I don't need to do this extra work
when editing text.

I'm not sure, but it sounds to me like you are talking about auto-fill-mode, not global-visual-line-mode. global-visual-line-mode only makes Emacs commands act on visual lines instead of logical (actual) lines.

If you indeed *are* talking about auto-fill-mode, it is a feature, not a bug. You can, however, manually "fill" the paragraph you're currently on by hitting M-q.

Hope that helps,
Deniz