Re: how to map sh-mode to mean bash-mode

From: jidanni
Subject: Re: how to map sh-mode to mean bash-mode
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 04:42:37 +0800

Dear bug-gnu-emacs,
There is no way to map sh-mode to bash-mode.
As you know, the bash shell likes to call itself sh sometimes.
But it is really still bash.
Hence I would like to make my emacs assume anything it thinks is sh is
really bash, and thus show me "bash" in the mode line, not "sh", no
matter how smart it thinks it is. See also
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2011-07/msg00143.html
However the real solution should be a one liner of lisp in ones .emacs.