Re: Couple of automation questions

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: Couple of automation questions
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 09:16:26 +0200

Am 27.07.2011 07:31, schrieb C K Kashyap:
Hi,
I have a situation where I need to "beautify" a log file quite often. I need
to do the same set of steps.
What is the recommended best practices for the following approaches -
1. Keyboard Macro
What is the way to save the macro to disk?

21.5 Naming and Saving Keyboard Macros
======================================

Do we open a new buffer (or a
buffer that contains all keyboard macros) and then insert it there and save
it?

2. Scripting
Whats the recommended way to get started with scripting? Do I open up a
buffer and start typing? I dont seem to get function name completion in a
new buffer.

Don't care for things like that at the beginning.

See doku of

M-x dabbrev-expand

it will do all you need at this point and context.

Andreas

Regards,
Kashyap