Re: How to create a function to italicize in latex in emacs?

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: How to create a function to italicize in latex in emacs?
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 21:53:58 +0200

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 12:58 PM, Pedro Costa <psdc1978@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to italicize a word in latex in emacs automatically.
> Instead of write \textit{word}, I would like to select the "word" and
> then write M-x <my command> and it's added textit around the word. Do
> I have to create a lisp function in .emacs? How do I do that?

Not exactly the answer you are looking for but you might want to look
at org-mode. It lets you format text with simple markups (e.g.
/italicise/, *bold*, _underline_ ) and much more. And then you can
export an org-mode document to several formats, including latex.

http://orgmode.org/
http://orgmode.org/worg/

> Thanks,

GL.