RE: emacsclient -c: Mouse jumps to new frame

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: emacsclient -c: Mouse jumps to new frame
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 13:08:29 -0700

> Situation: A new frame is created (as intended), and the
> mouse jumps to the top-right corner of the new frame.
>
> I'd like emacs to leave my mouse where it is, because quite
> often I continue typing in the terminal, and don't want to be
> bothered wich having to change the focus.

1. Sounds reminiscent of `mouse-avoidance-mode'.
See file `avoid.el'.  Perhaps you are using this mode?

2. Googling shows this, which might also be pertinent ("emacsclient plays games
with the mouse... Emacsclient switches desktops and warps the mouse pointer on
start."):
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/emacs23/+bug/589035